Who we are
Our website address is: https://thedriving.school/
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE COLLECT IT
VOLUNTARILY SUPPLIED INFORMATION
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have booked for, or paid for a lesson on our site
- You have contacted us via our contact form.
- You have commented on a post.
thedriving.school currently collects and processes the following voluntarily supplied information:
- When you book with us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, phone number and/or email address.
- We collect your name, phone number and/or email address when contacting us via our contact form.
- Name and email address when commenting on the website.
AUTOMATICALLY TRACKED INFORMATION
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping as well as tracking analytics.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE HAVE
We only collect and use the personal data for the sole purpose it was intended for.
- When making a lesson enquiry, we collected personal data such as name, email address and phone number. We’ll use this information to respond to your request and book your lessons.
- When commenting we use your name to display your comment, and your email address to notify you that your comment is live. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We do not share any information received from our users with any other organisations or individuals except for secure third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you. These providers are listed below.
We accept payments through Square. Information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and your billing information will be sent securely to Square.
UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR), THE LAWFUL BASES WE RELY ON FOR PROCESSING THIS INFORMATION IS CONSENT.
By filling providing your personal details during a purchase, you are consenting for us to process your personal data for the sole purpose of processing your order. You are not consenting for your details to be used for any other purpose, or shared with another individual or organisation.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Francis@drivingschooltv.co.uk.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Francis@drivingschooltv.co.uk if you wish to make a request.